Navratri special: Recipes, Fasting Tips, Diet Plan and More
Navratri special :
Navratri special: Navratri is one of the most important Hindu festivals celebrated twice in a year.
In the eastern state of West Bengal, the festival takes the shape of Durga Puja, when the devotees of the deity celebrate the triumph of good over evil.
In north India, Maharashtra and Gujarat, people observe a seven day fast during Navratri and break their fast on Navami ,the nine day of the festival by worship young girls.
On the festive occasion of Navratri, fast is observed by people for seven or eight days, depending upon when they want to conduct the Kanchika Pujan ,when young girls are worshiped.
People from all over the world celebrate Navratri special with passion, intensity and enthusiasm. While some people take participate in the celebrations for religious reasons but others look to give their body a much needed lose weight.
If you plan to fast this Navratri special then make sure that it is done the healthy way. It can help you lose weight, wash your mind and will leave you feeling great!
Many Tips to follow to make fasting in good health –
1. Keep yourself happy, making your cheeks rosy and eyes bright. Drink lots of water max to max 2 litter par day and liquid like lemon water, coconut water, Energy drink, green tea, and buttermilk.
2. Eat minimum meals and do not get hungry yourself. This will help keep blood sugar levels and stop you from feeling faint and low.
3. Amaranth , one of the most promising unexploited food and folder crops. It is the best protein origin you can take during fasting. Make amaranth porridge with milk or cook it asnamkeen dalia with lots of vegetables.
4. Combine high carbohydrates food like sabudana and potetos which is mostly used in fasting with other stringy vegetables like bottle guard spinach, capsicum, tomatoes, cabbage, etc. Also try to roast, grill or bake vegetables instead of deep-frying them.
read also : Festive dhamaka : Flipkart, Amazone , Snapdeal offers great deals
5. Samak rice are very easy to digest and can be applied in any kind of quantity.
6. Control those evil sugar strong desire by eating a lot of dates, samak rice kheer, apple kheer and fruits raita.
7. Try and eat healthy snacking and don’t overeat onnamkeens packets as they are high in salt and fat content.
8. Instead, pick for roasted makhana, mix of nuts like almonds/ raisins/ walnut / baked chips, roasted peanuts, etc.
9. Change sugar with honey or jaggery.
10. Use skimmed milk instead of full cream milk.
The well-balanced Diat you can have during fasting:-
1.) Breakfast options (choose any one) –
Fruits shake with wet almonds
Fruits with cream off milk
Amaranth porridge with nuts
2.) Mid-morning options (choose any one) –
Green tea with water
Lemon water with fruits
Coconut water with fruits
read also : What is the special on Navratri 2016??
3.) Lunch options (choose any one) –
Baked sabudana tikkis with veggies and curd
Grilled Vadas with mint spicy chutney
Kuttu chapatti with vegetables and salad with raita
Samak rice with vegetables and salad
4.) Post Lunch –
Drink a cup of hot green tea
5.) Evening time –
Green tea with baked chips or roasted makhana or baked namkeen
6.) Dinner (choose any one) –
Paneer tikka with vegetables
Milk with fruits
A bowl of vegetables and salad
Pumpkin and bottle gourd soup with vegetables
Here is the collection of Farali recipes which you can have during fasting.All fruits and foodstuff made of fruits are eaten during the seven days.The devotees, who have took fast, would get up early in the morning, take bath and worship to the maa durga.
People follow a specific diet for Navratri special, if they haven’t observed a nirahar means water-less fast. Special in Gujarati people may not eat onion, garlic, wheat, rice, vegetables etc.
They take beverages like tea, coffee and milk, on Navratri. Dishes made of sago, potato and Singhare ka atta ,kuttu ka atta is generally consumed by the people, when they observe fast on Navratri.
Sendha namak as rock salt is used instead of common salt, for cooking on the festival. All fruits and foodstuff made of fruits are eaten during the seven days.
Here is the Gujrati farali recipes..
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Mandvi Paak
- Singhoda ni Kheer
- Moriyaani Khichadi
- Dudhi no halvo
- Suran Bataka ni khichadi
- Potato Rosti
- Potato Wafers
- Farali Batata vada
South indian navaratri festival recipes..
- Medu Vada
- Rice Payasam
- Carrot Payasam
- Lemon Rice
- Besan Ladoo
- Vermiceli Kheer
- Udipi Sambar
- Drumstick Rasam
- Idli recipe
read also : Swachh Bharat Week
Beverages for navaratri festival recipes..
- Sweet Lassi
- Dry Fruits Milkshake
- Banana Milkshake
- Sweet Lime Juice
- Watermelon Juice
- Muskmelon Juice
- Mango almond smoothie
- Mint Juice
Desserts recipes for navaratri festival recipes..
- Lauki ka Halva
- Coconut Ladoo
- Pumpkin Halva
- Lauki Kheer
- Dry fruits Ladoo
- Rajigira Kheer
- Sabudana Kheer
- Sweet Poteto Halva
- Paneer Kheer