World No Tobacco Day:
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is celebrated on 31 May every year worldwide. Its aim is to encourage 24-hour restraint of all types of tobacco in the world.
In the,World No Tobacco Day has been intended to focus on the widespread use of tobacco and the negative health effects, which currently cause death of nearly 6 million people worldwide, out of which 600,000 of which non-smokers result.
World No Tobacco Day is on the smoke in front of the other hands World Health Organization (WHO) member states created World Tobacco Day in 1987. Tobacco dies more than 7 million people every year, and families and governments spend more than $ 1.4 trillion US dollars in comparison to health care costs and loss productivity.
Health and economic costs of tobacco:
Tobacco dies more than 7 million people every year, and families and governments spend more than $ 1.4 trillion US dollars in comparison to health care costs and loss productivity.
WHO’s Director-General Manager Dr. Margaret Chan says, “Tobacco is threatening to all of us.” “Tobacco increases poverty, reduces economic productivity, contributes to poor household food options, and pollutes indoor air.”
Tobacco threatens women, children, and livelihoods:
Children and education: Tobacco farming prohibits children participating in farming. 10% -14% of tobacco-growing families miss classes because of their working in the tobacco sector.
Women: 60% -70% of tobacco farm workers are women, who often put in close contact with dangerous chemicals.
Health: Tobacco contributes up to 16% of all non-causal diseases (NCD) deaths.
Facts about Tobacco, Tobacco Control and Development Goals:
- Every year more than 7 million people was die due to tobacco cancer annually and further till 2030 i will expect it is increasing 8 million people dies . Regardless of gender, age, caste, cultural or educational background, use of tobacco is a danger to any person. It presents pain, disease, and death, poor families and national economies.
- Increasing the cost of health care by using tobacco causes national economies to spend and productivity decreases.
- It causes health in qualities worse than poverty and it is also affect on middle class family,education.
- Whenever Tobacco quantity is increasing then after waste water and pollution chance is more. Tobacco Produces 2 Million solid Waste.
- The WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) guides the global fight against the tobacco pandemic. WHO FCTC is an international treaty with 180 parties (179 countries and European Union).
- In the Government’s Tobacco Control Policy, the growing number of countries are creating firewalls for interfering with the tobacco industry.
- By increasing Cigarettes development is dangerous for human health and day by day increasing development. High tobacco taxes to revenue generation for governments, reduce demand for tobacco, and provide a revenue stream for financing development activities.