Wife of a national-level kabaddi player on Tuesday committed suicide in west Delhi’s Nangloi zone.
Twenty seven year old Lalita, wife of Rohit Kumar, was found hanging at her home in Nangloi, said by police.
Their wedding had taken place only six months. An SDM inquiry will be initiated in the matter, also said by police officer.
A suicide note has been found in her room and police will be scanning its content. Some reports say that, Lalita blamed her husband in the her suicide note.
Well known Kabaddi player Rohit Kumar playing for the Patna Pirates in the third edition of Pro-Kabaddi union, and became the first player talented after Anup Kumar in 2014 to win the MVP award in his coming out season.
Kumar was born on 19th January 1990 in Nizampur, Haryana. And after that he joined Naval Forces in 2009 via the sports quota.
Rohit Kumar announced himself to the world at the third season of Star Sports Pro Kabaddi, which was also his debut season in the tournament. It took him a while to join the league, which comes as a blessing for the nativ sport of kabaddi, but when his time came, the 26-year-old take his chance with both hands.
Playing for the Patna Pirates in the third edition, he became the first player after Anup Kumar in 2014 to win the MVP award in his debut season. As he has only been on the circuit for one season, there are a lot of things people don’t know about this energetic player.
Here are 10 amaizing things that you need to know about Rohit Kumar:
- Famous Rohit Kumar was born on 19th January 1990 in Nizampur, Haryana, a place which is called the hotbed of kabaddi due to the village’s impact on the sport and the national team. In spite of the lake of proper coaches to train the young players, Manjeet Chhillar, Mohit Chhillar, Rakesh Kumar and more learned their trade in Nizampur and have made the country proud.
“He said, they were just kids when senior players like Manjeet Chhillar and Rakesh Kumar used to train in Nizampur. They used to teach the junior players the basics of the game. Seeing them excel in the sport gave them the confidence to achieve something similar in the world of kabaddi.”
- The 26 year old rohit has kabaddi to thank for getting admitted in the Naval Forces in 2009 through the sports part. With the Naval base being in Mumbai, Rohit did not need a second invitation to move to the city of dreams as he dreamed of meeting Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar.
- Rohit kumar could have made his debut in Star Sports Pro Kabaddi in Season 1 itself when U Mumba selected him. However, as luck would have it, the Services Sports Controlled Board (SSCB) refused to release him and the tournament had to wait to witness Rohit Kumar’s magic.
- In the 3rd season that the Services Board allowed Rohit and the other players to take part in the league and Patna Pirates rush in to secure his signature. And what an inspiring signing he turned out to be. He led Patna Pirates to the title by scoring a massive 102 raid points in just 12 matches. later, he was adjudged the ‘Most Valuable Player’ of the season to join an best group of players like Anup Kumar in 1st season and Manjeet Chhillar in 2nd season to win the decent award.
- Midway through the third season, Rohit Kumar fulfilled his father’s prediction when he was drafted in to represent India at the 2016 South Asian Games. The tournament, which was held at Guwahati and Shillong, was his first call-up to the national team set-up. Despite making his debut with the Indian team, Rohit did not get disconcert by the situation and helped India win the gold medal.
“Rahit kumar says, His dad had this dream about him that one day he will go on and represent his nation.”
- For Rohit, the joy did not stop after winning the Star Sports Pro Kabaddi title, as right after the high point of the final, then Pirates captain and good friend Manpreet Singh announced that the newly crowned MVP will be tying the knot soon. A visibly shamed Rohit confirmed the news and a couple of weeks after, he got hitched to Baveri, a school teacher by profession.
- One lovable point that Rohit has been open about is his deep affection for Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar. By his own admission, he is obsessed with Akki, as the actor is fondly called. His craziness has seen him get Akshay Kumar’s face inked on his arm along with his birthday while he has “Akki” tattooed below his neck.
Also rohit kumar has been he is idol for a long time now. The amount of hard work he has done to achieve these great heights in the film industry is extraordinary. He had no family relations in the film industry before joining it, he had his struggles and he overcame all that with his hard work. Also he try to copy that whenever he is on the mat playing kabaddi, though he have not met him in person yet!
- The highs of Season 3 took him to Bengaluru Bulls for the ongoing season. The Bulls had a poor outing in the third edition after reaching the semifinal and final in the first and second seasons, serially. He was part of 15 players from the Services Sports Controlled Board who were picked in the draw ahead of Season 4.
- Rohit jointly also holds the record for scoring the highest number of Super 10s in Season 3, along with then teammate Pardeep Narwal. Rohit scored 10 or more points in 5 out of the 12 matches he played, the joint highest in the third edition of the tournament. He eventually ended with 102 raid points to win the MVP award.
- Despite making his Pro Kabaddi debut in Season 3, Rohit Kumar is the top scorer in the Bengaluru Bulls squad. With a total of 172 points, he finds himself narrowly ahead of record buy, Mohit Chhillar, who has 154 points to his name. Bengaluru Bulls captain Surender Nada completes the top 3 with 141 points.
Rohit Kumar was born on 19th January 1990 (age 26) is an Indian professional Kabaddi player.
Rohit Kumar Biography:
Height: 1.76 m
Weight: 75 kg
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Rohit Kumar’s Personal Life
Date of Birth: 19th January 1990
Age: 26 Years
Birth Place: Nizampur, Haryana
Hometown: Nizampur, Haryana